Make the call. Get results.
We have dedicated our practice to DUI defense.
Our training is advanced, unmatched and specific to DUI.
We represent clients in courtrooms throughout Oregon.
Our education, experience and professional achievements include:
- Certification courses in the police standardized field sobriety tests developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in use by police officers in Oregon and throughout the United States.
- Certification courses in the drug recognition protocols developed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the International Association of Chiefs of Police, as adopted for use by all police agencies in Oregon.
- Certification courses in the operation of the Intoxilyzer 8000 and 5000 breath testing devices used by police in DUI cases throughout Oregon.
- Training in blood alcohol testing using gas chromatography with flame ionization detector, sponsored by the American Chemical Society and Axion Labs.
- Instructor at continuing legal education seminars for criminal and DUI defense attorney organizations throughout the United States.
- Instructor in the forensic sciences applicable to DUI defense and trial strategies for successfully defending DUI jury trial cases in Oregon for the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and criminal defense lawyer associations in other states.
- Membership in the American Chemical Society, the National College for DUI Defense, the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Trial Lawyers Association, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College.
- President-elect, Jackson County Bar Association.
- Member, House of Delegates, Attorney Disciplinary Board and Arbitration Panel of the Oregon State Bar.
We have over 40 years of combined legal experience. We have represented over 2,000 clients charged with DUI in Oregon and have represented hundreds of clients in criminal jury trials.
If you were charged with DUI, you will need to request a hearing to keep your driver's license from being suspended. You have to file your hearing request within 10 days of the date of your arrest or citation for DUI.
We can start the process to protect your driving privileges, prevent a license suspension and prevail at your DMV hearing.
If you're looking for answers, the best way to get on top of your present situation is to call us and tell us what happened. We'll give you good, current and correct information.
Don't hire a lawyer just to have somebody standing next to you when you plead guilty. Talk to a specialist. Talk to us.
DUI defense is unlike any other type of criminal defense. The laws and the issues in a DUI case are highly complex.
But by the time a case goes to trial, it often comes down to a video, a chemical test and the testimony of police and expert witnesses..
A skilled trial attorney knows how to cross examine police and expert witnesses.
A skilled trial attorney knows how to get testimony from expert witnesses that can work against the police and the prosecutor.
A skilled trial attorney can talk to a judge and a jury, and can help them see that an accusation is not evidence.
Be careful if you're using attorney websites to educate yourself on Oregon law.
Many attorneys dabble in DUI defense, yet promote themselves as DUI defense experts. As everybody knows, it's easy to do that on the Internet.
Almost all of the DUI defense websites we have reviewed proclaim that the lawyer who is advertising on the site is "aggressive," "fearless" or "relentless" (or words to that effect).
You should be aware that most lawyers who advertise as DUI specialists are general practitioners. Almost all of them accept government money for at least some of the criminal defense work they do.
Most of them have no specialized training in the forensic sciences and have no idea how to cross-examine an expert witness.
Most of them are divorce, bankruptcy or immigration attorneys who solicit DUI cases as a sideline.
Most of them rarely, if ever, take a DUI case to trial.
These cases can be won. We have the record to prove that.
Knowledge is power. We highly recommend that you call us to get the most current legal information and the most reliable legal advice.
We will give you a thorough case assessment at no charge so that you can be fully aware of the courses of action available to you.